Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Generator does not start 99 mono on when you press the

Customer Question

Generator does not start 99 mono on when you press the button you can hear a small click but it will not turn over. Has 600 hour on it motor runs well but the generator does not
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Isolator and the click from the reducer back by the battery
JA: What year is your 600?
Customer: 2013 generator and 1999 motor home monoco diplomats
JA: Are you fixing your 600 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Made sure it had diesel check fuses made sure the battery term are tight
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: RV
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Most of the time this is caused from batteries that are failing or not fully charged OR dirty cables that aren't allowing the current to be transferred correctly. I would have the batteries load tested, especially if they are over 3 years old. Most places that sell them can do this for you at no charge. I will make you a phone chat offer in case you still want to continue in that format. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Since I didn't hear back from you I am wondering if you saw my earlier responses or not? Or were you able to get this resolved with the information I provided? Please let me know if you need additional input on this issue. Thanks!