gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

The vacuflush system is not getting any power at the switch

Customer Question

The vacuflush system is not getting any power at the switch on the wall. I've checked all of the low voltage fuses and all good. Nothing else is without power. Is there a fuse at the pump, and if so, How do I access the pump? It's underneath the floorboards at the back of the bed and I don't see any access panels. I've also been under the rig and can see a tiny bit of the pump between the slats but I don't see any way to access the pump from below. Ideas?
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: No, just the one in the back bedroom
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2014 Fleetwood Southwind
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, just checked fuses and pulled bed apart looking for some sort of access panel
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I can think of, unless you know where the other fuse box is
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 8 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 8 days ago.

I would contact Fleetwood Customer Service for the wiring diagrams for your coach first and those should be helpful here. That number is(###) ###-####and they will need the FIN number as that is how these are filed. Once you have those get back to me and I can assist you further here in tracking down the problem. A small digital multimeter or 12 VDC test light would be very helpful in this regard. About $20 and $5 respectively. Hope that gives you a place to start.