Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We purchased a used 2011 Itaska Sunstar 27' this Spring and

Customer Question

We purchased a used 2011 Itaska Sunstar 27' this Spring and have been very happy with it. It had been in storage for 4 years, so a few kinks to work out. But one we have not solved is a persistent rattle coming from under the dash. I have removed the top and checked for anything that might be loose. No luck. Can't find a workman's screwdriver left behind. Any ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

These kinds of issues are annoying and can be very difficult to pin down, I would look outside under the engine access to see where the dash is bolted to the frame, many times that dash panel will have L brackets secured to the frame, make sure everything is tight and no bolts are sheered. What you might also try is get some D seal, it is rubber seal and wedge it between the dash and windshield and on the sides to see if that helps quiet the noise down for you. IF it is not the actual dash it could be about anything under the dash... Very difficult online to say what the actual problem is without taking for a test drive and inspecting.... I would look for any bolts on the outside under the access and then maybe try the foam trick...

Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert