Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a domestic refrigerator rm 1350 with error code EO

Customer Question

I have a domestic refrigerator rm 1350 with error code EO and F how do I reset?
JA: Have you seen this code before? Have you tried a hard reset?
Customer: It happen last time we were out but just shut off and left now I am back out and am seeing code again
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2008 keystone challenger 35ckq
JA: Are you fixing your Challenger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just keep turning on and off light comes on then goes into code with light shutting off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No please help
Category: RV
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sit has been way longer than 8 minutes so I am canceling my credit card payment bad service
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sorry for the delay, are you still wanting help on this???? Experts come and go daily, sorry you did not get a timely response...

Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What is answer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please respond
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

THE EO CODE IS A COMMUNICATION FAULT BETWEEN THE LOWER CIRCUIT BOARD AND UPPER CONTROL PANEL. WHAT YOU CAN TRY IS TO REMOVE THE DC POWER FROM THE CIRCUIT BOARD FOR A FEW MINS, WHILE THE DC POWER IS DISCONNECTED CHECK ALL THE PLUGS ON THE BOARD. CLICK HERE AND SEE PAGE 21, TERMINAL BLOCK, 12 VDC, DISCONNECT THAT FOR A FEW MINS AND SEE IF THE CODE GOES AWAY, LET ME KNOW...

ROBERT

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Checking now
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

10-4

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I took off positive lead to doc block and right now refrigerator control panel does not light up. I am having trouble removing cover on power module to check inside
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

OK

Make sure you unplug the AC cord going into the outlet before removing that cover, one fuse is AC power and you do NOT want to touch that one if it is plugged in, one fuse is in fact for the DC power or what allows the fridge to turn ON. Some the cover will have screws that have to come off, and some have tabs on the side that are slotted and you have to stick a flat head screw driver in to get to release, let me see if I can get you a service manual, be a few mins... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Click HERE for an actual service manual, I eyed through it really quick and do not see that they mentioned how to take the cover off the board.......

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Looks to me there are three screws, one on each side and one on the top.... Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok it is off what am I looking for? All I see are plugs and one small glass fuse
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

You should have two glass fuses make sure they are good.....

Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is one glass with a purple and green band on either end looks good other one is 3 amp plastic push in type that one looks good too. What's next?
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

OK

You need to see if you have voltage at the terminal block with a volt meter, if you have NO voltage you may have blown a fuse inside the RV. IF you have voltage at that point and the fridge is not turning on check the flue canister for a small round disc with a tiny button on it, that is a thermal cutoff and will shut down power to the fridge if it trips. See page 20 in the service manual I sent you... Beyond that it will be a bad circuit board or upper display panel, if you look in the service manual and review it there are some voltage checks you can do to determine which is at fault..... The original issue was a communication problem with the lower and upper display. Make sure you got all your connectors tight on the board as well.

IF you would like to try another expert please let me know, my goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, I only get credit when you select a star rating on the page... Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Put all back together went inside now nothing and 15amp fuse light on in circuit breaker panel
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

IF the light is on the fuse might be blown, that is if you are talking about where all your fuses are located, normally when one blows the light will come on. have you checked that fuse??

Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Trust replace fuse now fridge light stays on but code is E1
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Make sure everything is hooked back up correctly, sounds like the EO code is gone and the fridge still may work on AC power...

E1 Disconnected LP gas valve or hardware fault in the LP gas operation system. The refrigerator may still be operational on 120 VAC.

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

I have to leave soon but will be back later in the evening, I am on PST time...

Check your connections at the gas valve make sure you did not miss anything. I might disconnect the DC wiring again while you are checking so you do not short anything out, make sure you do not touch the positive to the frame or another wire......

Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Refrigerator temp is down to 55 freezer is cold
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Code still flashing E1. Will fridge continue to operate this way? We always turn off when we leave , should I leave on continuously now to avoid any further issues?
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

It very well could run that way, leaving it on will not hurt anything, it will take a good 6 hours with the door staying closed for it to get cold in the box. It should be lower 40's upper 30's in the box.

Sounds like you will have to get this looked at, it has to deal with the gas valve.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts today please feel free to select a "star" rating on the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Fridge just shut off and went back to code E0 can't I by pass everything and make it just 120 volt?
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

I would not try doing do that, if the EO code came up again make sure that DC voltage going into the fridge is above 11.5 volts. Sounds like you are going to need a RV shop to determine if it is the circuit board or upper display panel. The board requires DC voltage to work, that includes telling it to work on AC power.....

Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What is overall dimensions for replacement what is capacity?
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

12 cubic feet...

RM1350........Height 63 11/64 width 32 depth 26 1/16

A Norcold 1210 would fit...... 63 1/4".... 32 11/16".... 24"

Common sometimes to have to modify the cabinet....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please select a STAR rating on the page, it is the only way I get "credit" for helping... Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What kind of standard fridge could I buy to fit there are sales today?
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Not really sure on that as you would need to take the measurements with you and look, that is the best I could do for you.

Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Does the depth of 26/16 include handles?
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

I am not 100% on that I would think it would since it is part of the fridge....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert