Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

How can I improve the power and mileage of my challenger 250

Customer Question

How can I improve the power and mileage of my challenger 250 LE with a 454 Chevy motor ?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: Automatic with 60,000 miles
JA: Are you fixing your Challenger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just bought the motor home and as far as I know it is all stock and yes I will do the work myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

What year is your Challenger??

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
1997 454 Chevy
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

I am thinking a banks set up would give you way more power and it would actually improve the gas mileage, I have met many owners over the years that have them and they are all satisfied with the added HP and increased gas mileage. Assuming you have the P-30 chassis you could do the stinger or power pack they offer, click HERE to have a look, if you are interested I would call them directly, in the long run you would get some of the money back in what you save in mileage plus you will have that added HP..... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a star rating on the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping..

Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped.. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert