Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

The on board monitoring and display unit 16 pin plub that

Customer Question

The on board monitoring and display unit 16 pin plub that connects to the ITC board (2X8) pin has shorted out. I require a repacement plug that is proving to be extremely difficult. Do you have one or where can i get one
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: Esperance
JA: What is the model of your '16 RV?
Customer: Esperancemod C 2634 5L
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing trying to get a repacement plug
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have photos of the plug if requied
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

What is this on? Make and model of the appliance or system would help here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Randall, the visual display board on my Esperance motor home Model C2634 5L. Year 2010. Id number 8592, has shorted out. The wiring insulation looks like it has rubbed against a screw.
I have been trying to get a new plug. to reconnect and see if any other damage has occured
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Randall do you know the 16 pin plug i need
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The visual display unit is located on the right hand side as you enter the motor home, it has the following functions; water tank levels, battery/power usage, master switch for lights and water pump and music via the nav-man
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you able to reply please?
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Sorry for the delay......I was already in bed when you responded. I don't know whose product this is just offhand. You said you could add a photo of the plug you need? That would help and the display itself so I can see who made it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Randall here are 2 photos one of the plug the other the manual
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Let me see what I can find on the plug. You will need a special tool to get that one off and the new one back on. It may be tomorrow before I can get back to you.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Older Dometic fridges use the same plug so I may see what I can find there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There was no special tool used to remove the plug! It pulls apart from the other end of the plug which is on the PCB. If you mean the pins, a small screw driver does the trick.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

How many pins does this have? Hard to tell from the photo.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is a 16 pin plug. 8 pins on the top & 8 on the bottom. The male side of the plug (plug with pins) is on the PCB) and is fine. The other side of the plug (female) that fits the 16 pins is what I require. If buying new it will come with male & female. In actual fact I/you can locate the same connection pins they can be fitted to the plug I have. Reason being its the wire harness that's damage and needed to be cut thus new pins will work
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Perhaps check with Winnebago and buy the whole harness and just replace the damaged section if you can do the whole thing. They may have just the plug as well or can tell you where to obtain one. Just a thought. I can make a call to a company on Monday who uses them in their harnesses and see if they have one.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi have contacted Avida (Winnebago) & Iveco neither can help surprise surprise not!
I have also contacted auto elec' computer stores security business and numerous electronic engineering stores resulting in zip!!!
I am waiting a reply from Go Techniques as I heard they may have supplied some electronic components for Winnebagos
So I have done all the obvious things.
As for your suggestion of replacing the harness it is not required as its fine. It's the PLUG with pins I require!!!
Have you worked on Winnebagos? (2008 - 2012) if you have you will know the control panel I am talking about.
If you do not know what I require or you can not help me that's fine I understand just say so. No more guessing please
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I do understand the problem and if you can't find that plug you may be forced to buy the harness and remove the part you need. I do think Winnebago has that part. Yes, it would be more expensive and sometimes that is the price you have to pay if you can't come up with the actual part.