Ron, RV Mechanic
Experience:  32 years Master Tech ASE certified.
7276279

2003 daybreak v10 will not start cranks but no fuel to carb

Customer Question

2003 daybreak v10 will not start cranks but no fuel to carb checked the shut off switch ok checked power block seems ok any ideas beside maybe fuel pump, ran fine, it sat for about one month on site. I changed the fuel filter just because. it will fire if I use starting fluide
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Ron replied 13 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 13 days ago.

David, if you take your 12 volt test light and or a volt meter do you have key on cranking power in and out of the inertia switch on the dark green/yellow power feed and the pink/black power out to the pump?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Where is the fuel pump located
Expert:  Ron replied 13 days ago.

Your fuel pump is located in the fuel tank. Before you consider having to replace it have you checked to see if you have power in and out of the inertia switch which cranking?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No not on site now will try test thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 13 days ago.

Okay Im here if needed, check this first. The pink/black wire is the power out to the pump. If you have power on both wires while cranking the engine and the pump will not run then its likely failed.