Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Charcoal vapor canister is leaking gasoline. This is fuel

Customer Question

Charcoal vapor canister is leaking gasoline. This is fuel system for the generator located on top of trailer.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Generator will not start. Actually, the generator has not been started in several months.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: It is a Platnum horse trailer with living quarters. Bought new in 2013 or 2014.
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have not done anything. Called the factory- they said canister was clogged and probably would need to be replaced.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Who would you get to do repairs? Zip is 38652.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert......

It looks like there is a RV center in Sherman, I would call them and see if they can assist you, if they can not help they might have some more recommendations for you in that area. Click HERE for the contact information.... Most RV centers will work on generator related items reguardless if it is on a motorized or towable RV.... Hope this helps some IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a star rating on the page... Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Already contacted Rv place in Sherman. They did not work on generators. They recommended some place in Mussle Sholes, Al.-- two hours away.
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

OK... Please keep in mind I have no idea who you have contacted, let me take another look to see if there is anywhere that is closer to you... Who is the manufacturer of the generator?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Is this generator an Onan???

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

I took another look and not much in your area there is a Onan service center in Birmingham, AL that might be something to consider if your generator is an Onan, the reason being is if this sat for that long you might have trouble getting it going, sometimes the carb can get gummed up when they sit and it may need to be replaced and a service can be done on it as well. That would be the best place to take it if it is an Onan..... If you need more help please let me know... Robert