Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have Onan 10000 QB in 2013 American Coach Eagle. Gen keeps

Customer Question

Joe, I have Onan 10000 QB in 2013 American Coach Eagle. Gen keeps shutting down with fault code 36. I have replaced fuel filter and fuel pump and issue still happens but sporadic. Previous weekend gen ran for 2 days straight. This past weekend it would not run 10 min. I have taken it to local onan dealer and they are at a loss as what to do. Thank you in advance for your help
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 11 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sorry for the delay... Has anyone checked the fuel lines from the generator to the fuel tank? What you could do is get a can of fuel and drop the supply line in the tank of fuel and see if the generator will run. Many times they will use 5/16" rubber fuel line to the tank and if it was cracked then the generator could start to suck air, once it starts to suck air the generator will shut down at random times. These lines can get weathered since they normally are exposed to the elements..... I might at least inspect that line the best you can make sure any splices the clamps are also tight, sometimes they will use barbs with clamps to connect the line.... Not sure if all this was checked or not... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 days ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you still have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

ROBERT