gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Gene, can you tell me about the wire in harness; the right

Customer Question

Hi Gene, can you tell me about the brown wire in harness; the right rear turn signal and brake light does not come on. It comes on when you turn on the lights. My electrical friend says it is the brown wire and its rubbed in two, but we dont know where to access the wire.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: Oh Im sorry, my problem is on my 2014 Jayco white hawk,
JA: What is the model of your '14 RV?
Customer: it is a 29REKS ultralight summit edition.
JA: Are you fixing your Summit yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have done everything and believe that the brown wire from the harness is broken somewhere between the harness and the right rear taillight...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: we would like to know where we can access the brown wire and if it is possible to replace the wire,,,
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 12 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** brown wire is for the right turn and brake light, the break could be anywhere in the harness between the hitch plug and the rear light, have you checked for power on the brown wire at the hitch plug, with the turn signal on?