Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Bounder 35e 2005...possibly a purchase. Need to know if you

Customer Question

Bounder 35e 2005...possibly a purchase. Need to know if you have replacements this old rv parts available if needed if buy
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: The bounder is 2005 35e selling for $46,000. Pluses minus?
JA: What is the model of your '05 RV?
Customer: 35E
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We are looking to buy. Just want to be sure parts are available for this unit
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 14 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Normally yes you can find just about anything you need on a 2005, all the appliance manufacturers are still in business and Fleetwood also has one of the better parts departments in the RV industry, normally if you call a Fleetwood dealer in your area they can get you any parts.

Let me ask you this are you buying this from a private party or a RV dealer ???

How many miles are on the Bounder?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 13 days ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
private party / 46,000 miles
Expert:  Robert replied 13 days ago.

OK

I would want to see service receipts of when the engine has been serviced, most owners will do an annual service which includes changing the oil, oil filters, fuel filter, inspecting all the belts and hoses, lubing the chassis. Owners that do routine maintenance have less problems down the road.

Make sure you check the roof, make sure the sealant looks clean and it is not cracked. last thing you want is a leaking roof. Have the customer fill the fresh water pump and run the water pump, check for leaks. Water leaks can be very costly, sometimes if a RV sits in a cold environment the lines can crack if they are not winterized.

Have the owner start the generator, make sure it transfers power. Make sure the fridge is getting cold and all the appliances are working.

Make sure you drive the unit as well, make sure all the dash gauges are in normal range and no warning lights are on. Check under the RV after the test drive and make sure nothing is leaking...

I did do a price check and they are on the higher end of average retail, low retail is about 39 K and average retail is 46K.....

Hope this helps some. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a star rating on the page... IF you have more questions or concerns you can still follow up if needed.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 11 days ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you still have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

ROBERT