Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a duo therm furnace model 65930-064 in a 1983 hornet

Customer Question

i have a duo therm furnace model 65930-064 in a 1983 hornet travel trailer that wont ignite but fan comes on it has electroni ignition
JA: Have you checked the battery lately?
Customer: it is hooked up to a/c electric
JA: What is the model of your '83 RV?
Customer: hornet
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it is my brothers the igniter shows 41.9 ohms he said that there is power going to a plug wire looking device
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 17 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 17 days ago.

This can be caused by several things. Low input DC voltage or low LP pressure at the tank regulator or a bad control board. Do the easy ones first, like the DC voltage check with a small digital multimeter like you can find at most hardware stores for about $20. Easy to use. Most shops can check and adjust the LP pressure at the tank regulator if you remove it and take it into them. A new one is about $40 or so if you have dual tanks. You want to see about 13.7 VDC at the batteries. Slightly less at the furnace. If this is the OEM motor it may be about done and need replacing. Let me know what you find and we can go from there once you rule those things out. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 17 days ago.

See the attached link for a copy of the Service Manual which covers this model. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/659/DT659.pdf