Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

2012 Winnebago Journey passenger slide retracting crooked,

Customer Question

2012 Winnebago Journey passenger slide retracting crooked
JA: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only leveling the coach and trying to cycle the slide
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: retracted the front is almost fully retracted the rear stays out about a foot
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Can you see the tracking gears underneath and the shaft that runs between them?

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Many times what causes this is a broken roll pin holding the gear to the shaft assy and so one side lags behind. This mechanism is what keeps the room tracking correctly. Not that expensive to repair, but it can take more than one set of hands and some patience to get the room aligned correctly before inserting the new pin. Some systems use a bolt instead of a pin and it may have come out. A careful examination can usually tell you which you have. If you have a good mobile tech that works in your area that might be helpful. Most of the time this can be corrected in less than an hour and the parts are less than $10. Hope this proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need additional input from me as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
After reading the owners manual l found I could manually control both from and rear arms independently with the in and out buttons. Problem solved.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

That would be the first one I have ever hear of that controls that way and I have been at this a long time and on this site for over 7 years. Thanks for letting me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Have to get behind the slide control panel (4 screws) and hold the reset button in until indicator light flashes. Then in and out buttons can control only one arm drive motor. Do it a second time and the other arm is controlled. You're welcome. :-)
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

O.K..........I was thinking you meant you had two switches. Thanks!