Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Let's try. I have have a 2005 fleetwood expedition rv on a

Customer Question

Let's try. I have have a 2005 fleetwood expedition rv on a freightliner chassis, cat C-7 diesel, and Allison trans. Problem with lights.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The heavy equipment mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Problem 1: The backup lights don't work when I go in reverse.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Problem 2: With the headlights on, the rear lights don't work. Marker lights ok. No turn signals, stop lights, or rear lights. With headlights off, signals work and stop lights work.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 21 days ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Take a close look at the wiring harness at the rear lights and the connector pins for corrosion and damage. Also check all grounds, fuses and relays. Verify power to the lights with a test light or volt meter to isolate a power loss or ground issue. let me know

Customer: replied 21 days ago.

the problem is that the stop lights and turn signals lights work if the headlights are off. So there is power and function to the rear if the headlights are off.

With headlights on, marker lights, running lights, and front turn signals work. no rear light functions.

Good morning. Sorry for the delay. There were some technical issues trying to respond back last night which seems to have been corrected. check power in and out of your directional multifunction switch as it sounds like there may be some worn contacts inside if not wiring issues are found in the wiring harness. Let me know