Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Had the step extended for a period of time. When I unplugged

Customer Question

Had the step extended for a period of time. When I unplugged it to move it, Parked it without plugging it in, When I went back to it all batteries were dead and step is still out. Replaced secondary batteries and charged cab battery. step won't retract and steplight won't go off. It will drain all batteries overnight unless I disconnect them.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 17 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sounds like you have a bad control box for the step, if it was a fuse issue then light would not be on. What I would do to help isolate the problem some more is go to the step motor and dis-connect the leads, get some jumper leads and jump 12 volts to the motor, the step should want to run in or out, if not swap the jumper leads, if the step does not move bad motor. IF the step moves uplug the connector for the control box, make sure the batteries do not drain down, if they do not I would replace the control box. Hope this points you in the right direction... Let me know if you need more help on this follow ups are included..... Robert