Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

When i turn on the refrig it does not do anything. It makes

Customer Question

When i turn on the refrig it does not do anything. It makes no noise. Its a Dometric RM 2611.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: Its a 1993 Prowler by Fleetwood
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, Checked the fuses.
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

The fridge can run on AC power or LP... What I need to know is if the controls are turning ON? IF you try to run it on LP is the flame lighting off?

Normally when you are on Auto it will want to run on AC power and you would not hear anything at all, the flue canister would get VERY hot.

It is possible for it to be running on AC power or LP but not cooling OR if the fridge is not turning on at ALL....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

The fridge needs DC power to turn ON, on the back of the fridge is a circuit board, on the board are some fuses, one is for the DC side or what allows it to power on. Unplug the cord and check the fuses on the board. IF the fuses are good check for 12 volts at the DC terminal strip, click HERE for a service manual. IF the flue canister is getting HOT please let me know.

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Please feel free to respond, follow ups are included.....

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The controls do turn on.
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

OK

Good....

SO If you are plugged into power it should be working on AC power, go to the outside access panel and remove it, you will see the flue canister and it will have wires running from the circuit board to the AC heating element on the canister, that area should feel VERY HOT to the touch, can you check that?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

IS the flue canister hot?

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Was just checking in with you to see if you still need more help on this, follow ups are included.

Let me know... Robert