Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My leveling system control panel beeps whenever I make a

Customer Question

My leveling system control panel beeps whenever I make a turn or back up or move forward fast. Does this mean I need to add hydraulic fluid? Thanks. Mike
JA: Just to clarify, which fluid are you talking about? And what color and consistency is it?
Customer: Oh have no idea. Whatever fluid was used originally at the factory for the leveling system 2010 Fleetwood Encounter.
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have not done anything so far, Need to find out whats going on/why is system beeping?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no. Thanks
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 22 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

YES it indicates the fluid is low, as the jacks retract the fluid gets pushed back to the tank and will raise a float switch, if the switch does not raise the alarm will go off, if it is right at the float switch the alarm can go off as the fluid is moving around in the tank, it will take Dexron fluid. To find the tank have some one run the jacks and listen for the pump/motor, the tank will be connected to the pump/motor and should have a round dip stick or plug you can remove at the top of the tank. Make sure the jacks are retracted when checking and 1/2" below the fill port. IF you need more help please let me know.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping out...

Robert

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
There is a small side panel door on the side of the RV above the generator panel. Is this the acsess door to the hydraulic fluid tank?
Expert:  Robert replied 22 days ago.

That is a common area that they will stick the manifold and pump, listen for the pump and that should give you a general area of where it is located, the pump/motor will be attached to the tank.... It will have hoses going to the manifold..... Robert

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thanks Robert. Will get back with you . I'm at work now, RV is at home. Will follow your instructions on Fri. when I'm off work
Expert:  Robert replied 22 days ago.

No problem at all... IF you need more help please let me know, I am around daily and respond when I can. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping, you can still follow up if needed.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 21 days ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Robert.