Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Foot rest on my flex steel front seat will not close

Customer Question

foot rest on my flex steel front seat will not close completely. is there an adjustment ?
JA: What year is your Flex?
Customer: it is the passenger seat in the front of my motor home
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: This is a Motor home with 19,600 miles
JA: Are you fixing your Flex yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: try to
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

What is the Year, Make and model of the RV? How far out is it staying when you try and close it?

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Fleetwood bounder n38 2006
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

OK

SO on most of these Flex Steel seats the foot rest has a threaded rod under-neath with a nut on the end, you want to make sure the nut did not fall off and that no fabric is stuck on the threaded rod. IF the seat fabric got caught on the rod it will not close all the way or if the nut has come loose or fallen off. That is what I would look at first, make sure nothing is bent as well and the connectors on the switch are not loose. If that is not the cause I might have a RV shop take a look at this, the seat may need to be pulled. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Follow ups are included. Please keep in mind I only get credit when you select a rating at the top of the page... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert