Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 32 foot travel trailer with a electric Atwood lift

Customer Question

I have a 32 foot travel trailer with a electric Atwood lift powered by the battery.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: replaced with new battery. tried connection to either post with no results. battery is fully charged.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 32 foot, cardnal,2005
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 22 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

What is the exact issue? IS the lift not working??? Have you tried to jump the motor direct?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 22 days ago.

I would jump the motor direct to make sure it works, if not bad motor, if it works follow your battery cables and look for a tripped breaker, below is a picture, as a general rule they like to put them 18" from the battery and can be tucked on the frame, most have a tiny tab on them that will pop out when they trip. The voltage on each post should be the same to chassis ground if you see any.... Some are also thermal, they can be suspect because they are exposed to the elements, and you are correct it should be wired directly to the battery... IF you need more help please let me know, follow ups are included.... Robert

Breaker.

Expert:  Robert replied 19 days ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert