gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a Dometic refrigerator model#RM8501 on which none of

Customer Question

I have a Dometic refrigerator model#RM8501 on which none of the control lights glow. At times it seems to work but nothing on the control panel indicates anything. Can you tell me what to check and what might be the problem?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The on/off, gas, battery, a/c, door lights. No led indicator lights glow at all.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: It is 2009 R.pod by Forest River. Serial # 4X4TRP716AL004977
JA: What year is your RV?
Customer: It was manufactured 6/5/2009
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The control panel had a capacitor that was bent over and one of the lugs was loose. I replaced that and put all back together. I checked a/c power and battery power.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: RV
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Have you checked for power to the board?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I thought the a/c ran directly to the board and I was not sure if the d/c went through something else or exactly which wire are the d/c power feed at the control panel. A wiring diagrahm would be very useful but unfortunately, I have nothing to go on.

Do you want the service manual for it?

I can link it to you