Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

The cold water input goes to the hot water tank only. turn

Customer Question

The cold water input goes to the hot water tank only. turn on a hot water valve and hot water comes out. turn on a cold water valve and nothing comes out?????
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?
Customer: Its an RV Gene
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2002 Safari Zanzibar (40 foot diesel pusher)
JA: Are you fixing your Safari yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The water from the hose goes into and out of the hot water tank but nothing goes to the cold water faucets (3 of them)
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It has been setting for about 6 years (covered) and started once monthly but not driven nor was any water pumped through the system
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 17 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Sounds like you are missing the cold water and not the hot water. On some of these units they have a manifold in one of the outside compartments and you use a key to turn on the hot and cold water, so I would look for that real quick. IF you have a water filter on your unit I would change it as well. I have seen some where the cold water line goes to the filter and then out to the outlets. IF you have an outdoor sprayer make sure the valves are turned OFF, have some some issues when they are left open. You could also have a check valve somewhere in the system that has failed not allowing the cold water to work. Hope this helps some, let me know if you still have more questions or concerns.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 16 days ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert