Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Bought a used Keystone travel trailer. 2006 3121 STS.

Customer Question

Bought a used Keystone travel trailer. 2006 3121 STS. Tripped the circuit breaker for the 120v circuit in the slideout. Where is the reset?
JA: Are you fixing your STS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: That circuit worked when we first used it. Powers the light over the dining table and one outlet in the outer wall. Overloaded it with a space heater the first day. Dead now.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Light over the dining table and one service outlet in the outer wall next to the couch.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope. The trailer works great in all other respects.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sounds like you may have tripped a GFI, these will be outlets with a test and reset on them, normally they are in the bathroom and or galley but can be just about anywhere else including the outside so you want to look everywhere and make sure you do not have one hiding, that is normally what happens when the circuit is overloaded. Check all your breakers as well, you should have a main breaker panel inside the RV, many times there will be DC fuses next to the breakers. Cycle all the breakers OFF and back ON... Please let me know if you need more help, follow ups are included. Robert