Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My domestic fridge shows temp sensor failure, tested sensor

Customer Question

hi, my domestic fridge shows temp sensor failure, tested sensor has 7.6 k resistance at around 38d c model number RML 8555 could it be circuit board. fridge is not cooling at all on all 3 supplies
JA: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.
Customer: connection is tight and looks clean
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2010
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just tested sensor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothanks
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 17 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

I would put the sensor in a cup of ice water and you should have about 27.7 ohms at 0 C....

Normally when the sensor fails the fridge will default to permanent coiling. Since you are getting the code for the sensor and if the sensor checks out good I might replace the circuit board or have a RV shop in your area do it so you have a warranty. Not sure what else this is going to be, normally when you get NO cooling on all your sources it is the the temp sensor, board or cooling unit..... Hope this helps... Robert