Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My 2002 holiday Rambler 36' 5th wheel 3 slide outs, when I

Customer Question

my 2002 holiday Rambler 36' 5th wheel 3 slide outs, when I return large slide out to closed position. it leaks oil on floor, help wwv
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.,...

IF it is leaking oil on the floor you could have a bad hose, bad fitting or hydraulic cylinder. On many RVS with the hydraulic slide-rooms you have to take apart part of the room to get to the lines and cylinder, not only that special hoses are required, the system is under allot of pressure so you need a special tool to swedge any fittings on the lines. I would advise on this one if you can not find the leak to at least have a RV shop do an estimate for you to see what the problem is I would say 1 hour of labor time is reasonable to find the cause.... It can be a big project depending on the floor plan..... Hope this helps some... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert