peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Do 2012 MDC standard camper trailers come with an electric

Customer Question

do 2012 MDC standard camper trailers come with an electric braking system.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 10/2012 MARKET DIRECT CAMPER
JA: What is the model of your '12 RV?
Customer: JUST PURCHASED SECOND HAND AND NEED BLUE SLIP. OCTOBER 2012 IS YEAR OF MANUFACTURE AND MARKET DIRECT CAMPERS ARE THE MANUFACTURER
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: BEEN TO RECOGNISED BLUE SLIP DEALER AND WAS REFUSED SLIP DUE TO BRAKES NOT WORKING. BUT I DO NOT THINK IT HAS ANY BRAKES OTHER THAN HAND BRAKE.
JA: Have you tried "bleeding the brakes" to get any air out of the line?
Customer: AS I SAID I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS MODEL HAS BRAKES . THE TARE WEIGHT FROM MANUFACTURER IS 880KG, DOES THIS CAMPER TRAILER REQUIRE BRAKES TO PASS A BLUE SLIP CHECK.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: THAT'S IT IN A NUT SHELL!!
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 27 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

You may have to speak with the facility in your area that does licensing to see if they can tell you for sure if these brakes need installed on this model here.Usually this is the best way to find out or speak to a selling dealer for this model here to see if they say if these need these brakes installed as well as have your model inspected to see if these are installed and just need repaired possibly.If this is or was attempted or is not an option for you here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete