Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

The Inverter/charger is not charging battery from AC input,

Customer Question

The Inverter/charger is not charging battery from AC input
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: not Air Conditioner AC 120 input
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: Allegro 36LA*****
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying to fix myself. AC input 120 50 amp. Charging House batteries by running Engine. Will Charge but batteries discharge not being charged by Inverter/ Charger. Line LED Green, BATT Green and checked each battery they check out 6V . Voltage reading on House Panel 11.9. Chagre fan not running.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Reset Iverter by turning operation mode switch off and then back on
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 26 days ago.

HI my name is Robert..

Just so I understand the inverter is not charging the batteries when plugged into shorepower? IF that is the case you should have one large cable leaving the inverter to the batteries and on the cable will be a large fuse that is normally bolted to the frame, follow the cable and see if you can locate that. With a meter check for voltage on each side of the fuse, if the voltage is much higher on one side then it is the problem. IF you have low voltage at that point on both sides then is sounds like the inverter is the issue and would need to be replaced. I mmight have the batteries load tested as well just to make sure they are in good shape, most auto parts stores will do that for free. IF you still have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included.... Robert

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Local Mechanic Recommendations. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 26 days ago.

Just so you know there is an added fee for a phone service, I will send you the request, if you do NOT want to do that I can help you in this format for a bit....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 25 days ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert