Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We're winterizing for the first time and following the

Customer Question

We're winterizing for the first time and following the directions in the 2006 Winnie Adventurer manual. Everything is drained and we now are trying to add the antifreeze. Cannot get the water pump to pump up the antifreeze though it seems to be running properly.
JA: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: No, we don't think so. Has been running fine. Just bought it in Jan., and it was serviced then.
JA: What is the model of your '06 RV?
Customer: 38J
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have tried the diverter in both the Divert and Normal Operation positions.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is Mr. Jenkins... I think my wife has given all the info you should need for now
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 22 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Sometimes you need to prime the line that is going into the jug OR the water pump can get air bound, try and get a funnel, pre-fill the line and then see if you get flow. IF not put your line in the jug go to the outlet of the water pump loosen the connector and briefly turn the pump on, doing this will make sure the pump is not air bound, make sure you open ALL the faucets inside as well, as the all the antifreeze gets pumped through the system it should push air out first then you should get flow. Also make sure you have good battery voltage, if the voltage was under 11 volts the pump would still run but might not produce anything. Let me know if you still need more help....... Follow ups are included... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 21 days ago.
Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...Robert