Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Where exactly is the VIN LOCATED ON MY 1987 ALPENLITE 25'

Customer Question

Where exactly is the VIN LOCATED ON MY 1987 ALPENLITE 25' 5TH WHEEL RV?
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 27 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

I would look up front on the frame for a plate, I would also look on the rear axle to see if it is there. Look under the chassis frame in the front as well. Sometimes RV manufacturers will also put a sticker inside on of the cabinets with that info but more do not do that then that do. Let me know if you still can not find it, other experts might have some input...

Robert

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
It would help me most if somebody who had actual knowledge with alpenlite manufacturer so that somebody could tell me exactly where alpenlite put their VIN number unfortunately so far I've talked to a lot of people here is where it is located on an alpenlite 1987 25 foot fifth wheel
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I don't think talking on the phone is going to help me in my particular situation it would be all for it is it possible for you to consult with one of your Associates that actually sold or service Alpine RVs specifically because somebody who did would be able to answer my questions immediately
Expert:  Robert replied 27 days ago.

OK....

I will put your question back up for other experts, I do not know when OR IF another expert will respond they come and go daily, no need to respond to this as it will take your question back off the active list.... Robert

Expert:  Randall replied 27 days ago.

There will be (if someone didn't remove it) a silver sticker on the driver's side down low on the front main portion of the coach. You may need some help reading it if the sun has bleached it out. Some OEMs stamp the number on the lower frame under the front OR on the pin box area. This is not uniform in the industry. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need additional input from me on this subject as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I very much want to give you a 5 star rating
& I will as soon as you answer my question hopefully when you consult with someone who's with ALPENLITE RVs.. thanks in advance...
Expert:  Randall replied 22 days ago.

They have been out of business for quite few years. I gave you where these are found. Maybe just have a mobile tech come out and assist you if you can't locate this. Someone may have removed it and not all OEMs put a number stamped into the frame.