Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I am trying to drain the fresh water tank in my class c

Customer Question

I am trying to drain the fresh water tank in my class c coachmen
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: Coachmen Class c leprechaun 2016
JA: What is the model of your '16 RV?
Customer: Leprechaun
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is not broken I am getting it ready for winter storage
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't believe so
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 21 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

You should have some low point drains, many times you can see the lines underneath the chassis, some have caps you have to remove and others will actually have valves inside the RV they can be near the water pump, water heater etc, if you can not find them look outside for the drain lines then go inside to that area and look for the valves, after the valves are opened go ahead and start the pump, this will help push any water out of the lines, when the pump starts sputtering shut it off.

IF you need more steps on winterizing please let me know and I can go over that. Follow ups are included....

Robert

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
dWhat do there valves look like could they be in the area of the sink
Expert:  Robert replied 21 days ago.

They will be small plastic valves some will have a handle you turn, when the valve handle is with the pipe it is open and closed when the handle is against the pipe, they could be under the sink, you would know when you open them if water comes out. Some have a ring you pull up on and it opens the valve up.... Robert

Sorry at this time I can not do a phone service, another expert may take the call... Robert

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
What does the inside valve look like and where is it located
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Where is the inside valve look like and where is it located?
Expert:  Robert replied 21 days ago.

See picture below, I do not know EXACT location, could be under the sink, in back of the water heater or near the water pump, below are valves that are common that you would see as an example. IF you go outside you should see them under the chassis, go inside to that general area and look for them.

IF you want to try another expert on this please let me know, my goal is for you to be satisfied.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 20 days ago.

HI... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert