Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2017 Thor four winds RV set on a MB 3500 sprinter

Customer Question

I have a 2017 Thor four winds RV set on a MB 3500 sprinter chassis. I would like to stabilize it using 7500lb scissor jacks. Where would I mount those jacks [ bolt on ]?
JA: What year is your Sprinter?
Customer: 2017
JA: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am doing it myself , I have not done anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 29 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Need to go to the frame rail, I assume you are using 4 so if that is the case try to get them in line with the tires front and back on the frame rail.. If you are bolting them on make sure you extend them first to make sure they will hit the ground, if not then you might have to add shims to the frame to get full stroke... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 29 days ago.

Also you might be able to get away with using 3/8 stainless self tapping screws, they come in different lengths and would not require to pre-drill if you have a good cordless.

Let me know if you still need more help... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 28 days ago.

HI... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert