Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Keystone Raptor, Lights Off After Converter Replacement.

Customer Question

2012 Keystone Raptor converter went out and we replaced it. We had a storm 3 nights ago, lights went dim then went out. The plugs work but the lights dont.
How hard will it be to change the converter box?
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 28 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

To start go to the battery and follow the cables, make sure you do not have a tripped breaker, below is a picture, as a general rule IF you had one it would be 18" from the battery and can be on the frame. To test with a volt meter you would want to see close to the same voltage on each post to chassis ground, most have a small tab on them that pops out when they trip.

The converter would be part of the main fuse/breaker panel OR stand alone and plug into an outlet, the stand alone type can be located about anywhere normally under the fridge or stove and they are a bit easier to change out as they just plug into an outlet.

When you change the converter out you want to be unplugged from power, and disconnect the batteries so no shorts can happen.
Many times the charge line from the converter to the battery will have that breaker in-line, some do not have one.
IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page.....

Robert

Breaker...