Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a late 70's version Fleetwood Mallard RV and I am

Customer Question

I have a late 70's version Fleetwood Mallard RV and I am looking for a new igniter and temperature sensor for the heater. The core looks very good yet. Do you have these parts available?
JA: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.
Customer: Thet appear to look fine.
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have taken out the igniter and cleaned the prongs and jchecked the wiring. I have looked at the sensor to see if everyhthing looks ok.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 27 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert..

Finding parts on these older units can be a task, what is the make and model of the Furnace?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 27 days ago.

IF you need to get that info and get back to me that is fine, I am around daily and respond when I can...

Robert

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I do not have a make or model of the furnace but I do have pictures of the igniter and sensor
Expert:  Robert replied 27 days ago.

OK

You should be able to add them into your reply using the paper clip icon....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 27 days ago.

Without the make and model it will be hard to be exact on the parts. I would try and find that info on the furnace, normally there is a sticker. The I would call PPL if parts ARE still available then they will have them. Click HERE for the contact info....IF they happen to be obsolete one thing I would consider is calling around to some of the larger RV salvage yards such as Colaw, you might be able to pick up a used unit cheap and then just use it for parts. The age of this makes it difficult but not have the make and model makes it even harder. PPL would be the best place to try... Let me know if you need more help... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 25 days ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...
Robert