Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a26 foot class A Rexhall Rexair motorhome with a ford

Customer Question

I have a26 foot class A Rexhall Rexair motorhome with a ford 460 ci Eng.Ive been unable to find a oil dipstick replacemant can you help me ?
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: I ve own it for 6month ive never changed it myself i was checking the oil and i found the oil dipstick twisted like a cork screw
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1995 ford rex air
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just checking the oil ive not used the motor home much
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 24 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Was the twist uniform and it looked like there where no tool marks from someone doing this?

A twist in a dipstick is normal on ALOT of vehicles. It adds strength to the dipstick to make it easier to get into the tube. In the event a new dipstick is needed. Finding one is going to be impossible but I can help you make one.

Thanks for letting me help you & for leaving me a ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~rating when ready. Rating results in the website paying me from the question fee you have already paid. Although I appreciate customers saying "Thank You" that alone does not result in me being compensated if you were pleased.

Thanks Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 20 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris