Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I ha e a 2001 fleetwood expidition. WE ran out of propane

Customer Question

I ha e a 2001 fleetwood expidition. WE ran out of propane had it filled c
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes My question is would running out of propane have anything to do with not being able to get the furnace ti put our heat.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 28 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Possibly..... When you turn the thermostat ON and try to run the furnace will the fan come on for the furnace? and do you hear it trying to spark? IF needed go outside and listen......

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 28 days ago.

IF the furnace is sparking it could be a LP issue. Go to the main tank and shut the main valve, slowly open it back up, sometimes if that valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you might not get the proper pressure, open the valve slowly. I know some Fleetwood's do not have a valve but a switch, if that is the case cycle the switch and then light the stove burners and try to start the furnace several times, the lines may have air in them. IF it is NOT sparking then most likely it is NOT a LP issue. Normally you can hear a single click from the gas valve when it opens up and then you would hear it trying to ignite. Let me know if you need more help, follow ups are included.....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 27 days ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert