Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Bad weld I think on roof joist how to get to too fix ( re

Customer Question

bad weld I think on roof joist how to get to too fix ( re weld) 2017 keystone bullet rv
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2017 keystone bullet.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: trailer
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not sure how to take ceiling down to get to it to fix
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

IF this is a 2017 and you feel you have a bad weld then I would no doubt let the dealer tackle this, in order to get at the roof joist you would need to pull down the interior ceiling, pull the insulation out of that area to have a better look. This is something the average owner would not be set up to do and even if so it would be best to let the dealer do this under warranty, they can get prints from the manufacturer. If this is something you are going to tackle and are going to weld make sure you disconnect the battery and the RV is not plugged into power. You sould be able to get at the framing from inside but it can be a big task..... The ceiling panels should be 1/8" luan and normally are 4' x 8' and the ceiling material will cover them.... Let me know if you still need more help on this... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert