Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Our having problems with the slide out going out. It came in

Customer Question

Our having problems with the slide out going out. It came in but now will not extend.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: Jayco Eagle super Lite 2012
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: I'm having problem with the slide. It is a Super Lite 31.5 RLTS
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Car?? It is a camper
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We can not get the slide on camper to extend. We have only tried to extend with the switch.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Most of these slide-rooms are wired directly to the battery so I would go to the battery inspect all your cables, make sure the battery voltage AT the battery is about 12 volts, if the voltage is under 11 volts the room might not want to work. Sometimes on the cable from the slide-room motor they will use an inline fuse or breaker, as a general rule it would be 18" from the battery and can be on the frame. IF you see any check for voltage to each post to chassis ground and make sure the voltage is close. IF the voltage on one side was very low then it is the problem. Below is a picture of the breaker. Beyond that I would check all you interior fuses, could be a motor issue or a controller problem. IF it is an ALL electric slide I would get a battery and jump the motor leads and see if the room runs out, you should be able to make it go in and out jumping power direct, if it is a hydraulic room then it would be a bit more difficult.... Hope this helps some... Robert

Breaker. (most have a tiny tab on them that pops out when they trip)

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

HI... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert