Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

I bought a 1992 Winnebago Rialta with a 2.5L 5 cylinder VW

Customer Question

I bought a 1992 Winnebago Rialta with a 2.5L 5 cylinder VW engine this summer and would like to change the oil, but can not locate the oil filter. Can you help?
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: I haven't changed the oil since I bought it. The previous owner said the oil should be good for a couple thousand miles, and I've put a little over 1,000 miles on it.
JA: What is the model of your '92 RV?
Customer: I do not have that information handy. It is 19' long and has an fabricated steel box affixed on the back where the spare is located.
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've crawled underneath it but as stated could not locate the filter.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I really like this small unit and love the mileage I get!
Category: RV
Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

Hello

the filter should be located on the underside of the engine if you look upwards on the exhaust side of the engine to locate the spin on filter

Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you