Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Ihave an S30F furnace the thermostat does not turn on,

Customer Question

Ihave an S30F furnace the thermostat does not turn on
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: Keystone Cougar 2008
JA: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took apart the thermostat and opened the access to the furnace but I could not figure anything out so I put i it back
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: after I put the thermostat back it worked for a short time but then it went dead again
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Need to figure out if the thermostat is sending power to the time delay relay or circuit board, click HERE for a service manual and see page 31 and 32. On some models the blue wire will go to a time delay relay on the back of the furnace, other models the relay is part of the circuit board. IF you have voltage on the blue wire at the relay check for voltage across the relay. You should have one post that is constant hot, one wire going to the blower motor and ground. IF you have constant hot and have voltage on the blue wire jump across the relay and see if the fan comes on, if so bad relay. IF you do NOT have the time relay then it is part of the circuit board, if you have voltage on the blue wire going to the circuit board then most likely the circuit board is bad, a RV shop or store can test the board with a special board tester. IF you do not have voltage at ALL on the blue wire then bad thermostat, look over the manual I sent there is a troubleshooting tree you can follow as well. Let me know if you need more help, follow ups are included... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi.. Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert