Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2011 coachmen freedom exspress and I have leaks in

Customer Question

I have a 2011 coachmen freedom exspress and I have leaks in to my front curve. Can I replace that myself and if so where do I buy the materials
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: what hoses this a pull behind travel trailer
JA: What is the model of your '11 RV?
Customer: ltz
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am fixing it myself and don't know where to buy the materials needed to fix it with
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

The short answer is "Yes", but can you attach a photo of the area you are referring to so I can recommend the correct products for you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here are some pics
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Are you wanting to replace the damaged fiberglass?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Not sure it you missed by earlier response after you attached the photos. Did you want to replace that damaged fiberglass or not? We do a lot of those repairs in my shop so I can give you some good advice on this, but need to know how much you want to replace here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want to replace all of the front. The white fiberglass front curved piece
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Then you need to first remove all the trim. The piece that goes along the top and both sides. You use something like a 5 in 1 tool for removing the old sealer. Take care not to cut into the roof membrane. Using a heat gun to heat up the blade of the tool helps as it comes off easier that way. Take care not to bend it up when you remove it as it can be re-used again once it gets cleaned off. Once that is off, you can take the staples out that hold the old fiberglass on and it will come off. Get someone to help with that as that whole piece will be kind of heavy. You can order a new phylon fiberglass portion. It is sold by the foot. Most dealers can get this for you. If that isn't workable for you let me know and perhaps I can assist there. Start there and get bak to me when you are ready to put the new piece on again and I can direct you in that. Any wood damage has to be fixed first and new luan underlayment attached as that is what the new fiberglass attaches to. I do think a phone chat would help here, but you decide if that would be helpful. All follow ups here are included in our fee.