Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

HOW DO U REPLAC TRIGGER LATCH ON CARGO DOORS ON 2001

Customer Question

HOW DO U REPLAC TRIGGER LATCH ON CARGO DOORS ON 2001 BOUNDER
JA: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: YES
JA: Are you fixing your Cargo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: HOW DO u GET THE DOOR APART TO REPLACE THE TRIGGER LATCH
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: N0
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Normally you have to pull the inside skin off the door to get at the latch, it may be riveted on so it would have to be put back together, I assume you are talking about the handle to operate the doors, if you can send me a few photos of the what you are seeing it may help out, you should be able to add a photo into your reply using the paper clip icon.. No hurry on my end, I am around daily and respond when I can... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Please respond here if you have more questions or concerns.... I closed the other question so you do not get charged again.

IF you are talking about the latch or tab that goes into the catch sometimes they will have screws or rivets on a plate but the problem is many of these latches are attached to a cable or rod and many times you have to pull the door off and then remove the inside skin of the door so you can work on it. IF you can send some pictures it might help out, there are a few different styles.

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped.... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert