Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2006 adventurer 38j no fuel to gen. replaced fuel pump at

Customer Question

2006 adventurer 38j no fuel to gen. replaced fuel pump at gen will not pickup fuel from tank. is there an easy fix?
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: first replacement
JA: What is the model of your '06 RV?
Customer: 38j
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying. tried priming at gen
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert..

Have you tried running the generator using a fuel can on the ground? IF so does the generator run?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

OK

Good job as that tells me it is not the issue with the generator but with the lines or the pickup in the tank, I am sure you are aware, make sure you have more then 1/4 tank of fuel in the main tank. What I have seen is if you have a loose fitting or rubber fuel line and if it is cracked you can actually suck air and the generator will never prime, so I feel the next step is to replace the fuel line going to the tank, check any hose clamps, sometimes you will find barb fittings with the clamps. The bad part on this is you may need to drop the tank down to access the fitting on the tank. I would look on the side of the tank or try and get underneath with a light and mirror to see if you can get at the fitting, might be difficult with out dropping the tank down, normally you would want the tank near empty and then use a floor jack with blocks of wood so you make contact with the tank and then release the straps and then lower the tank just enough so you can remove the old fuel line..... Hope this helps some.. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 28 days ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???

Robert