Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Pete, My new rvv generator ran for 2.5 hours and then it

Customer Question

Hi Pete, My new rvv generator ran for 2.5 hours and then it just stopped like is was o9ut of fuel.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: I picked up the RV yesterday. Travel Trailer with Oran 3.6 lp
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: After it died I checked the tanks. Full, Turned on the Stove all works fine
JA: What year is your RV?
Customer: 2016 Outdoor RV Black Stone 270 CISB
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'll have to take it back to the dealer tomorrow.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'mm not sure what else to tell you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Sorry for the delay... Go to the main tank valve and shut it. Slowly open the valve back up, sometimes if the valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you might not get the proper pressure for the LP, just because the other LP appliances are working does not mean the pressure is correct. Slowly open the valve up. Beyond that I would have the Dealer check the LP pressure out with a manometer, if you just get this it is better to let the dealer handle this, if you start taking items apart on the generator you might void any warranty have seen that before. Being a new unit any repairs should be under warranty.... Hope this helps some... Robert