Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

AT PURCHASING A WINNEBAGO 2014 VISTA 31KE. THE VEHICLE HT IS

Customer Question

i AM LOOKING AT PURCHASING A WINNEBAGO 2014 VISTA 31KE. THE VEHICLE HT IS LISTED AT 147". i HAVE A WAREHOUSE WITH 144" HIGH OH DOOR. IT APPEARS THAT THE HIGHEST POINT ON THE VEHICLE IS THE AC UNIT/COVER. HOW CAN I GET THE OVERALL VEHICLE HT BELOW 144"? IF I REMOVE THE AC COVER WILL THAT DO IT? IF NOT, CAN A LOWER PROFILE AC UNIT BE RETROFITTED?
TOM HADDON
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here, Tom, but that cover is over the A/C and taking it off would only save you about 2" or so. You can go with a low profile A/C depending on what this has now. Do you know the make and model of the existing unit?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OF THE AC UNIT?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Yes..........that would tell me if it is a lower profile model or not.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
NO I DON'T. I WOULD THINK WHATEVER IS STANDARD ON THE 2014 WINNABAGO VISTA 31KE
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ARE YOU STILL THERE, RANDALL?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Yes...........we work on more than one question at a time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

I have no way of knowing what make and model A/C they used. Their literature doesn't list that. You should be able to get that from the seller.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
NOT THE HELP I WAS HOPING FOR.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
YOU CAN FIND THIS ONLINE IN THE WINNEBAGO PARTS CATALOG. CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DON'T HAVE THIS INFO AT HAND.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Sorry about that.........they don't always use the same units and it often depends on what they got the best buy on that week. And even then......not much variation in the lower profile units and the newer A/C models. If Winnebago shows that, then go with it. I will opt out of this on the chance another tech here has more personal knowledge about this year, make and model.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK. THE CATALOG ON PAGES 86-92 SHOWS 3 DIFFERENT LOW PROFILE UNITS...MY QUESTION WOULD BE CAN ANY OF THESE BE RETROFITTED TO THE 2014 VISTA 31KE?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
THIS IS THE WINNEBAGO INDUSTRIES PARTS AND ACCESSORIES CATALOG - 241 PAGES ONLINE
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Sure.........you can add any A/C to an RV as the mounting hole is the same side no matter what the make and model. Keep in mind that some of those listed may not be available any longer as the companies that make these keep changing the designs. And these OEM people keep changing the parts used, even in mid year. I see lots of things listed, even in the Owner's manual which are wrong. If you pick one out, I can check on availability for you.