Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I am the original owner of a 2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3800 RL. I

Customer Question

I am the original owner of a 2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3800 RL. I am experiencing an electrical issue involving all of the ceiling lights on the roadside of the trailer. My electrician thinks it is probably something to do with the common DC ground junction box which should be somewhere on the chassis. Problem is where is that junction located? So far, Dynamax has been unable or unwilling to answer this question specifically. We don't want to have to rip the entire 40+ belly out of the trailer just to find it. The lack of a helpful response from Dynamax suggests that they do not have a DC wiring diagram for this model.
Hope you can help. I'm tired of calling and emailing Dynamax.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Have you looked in back of the breaker/fuse panel inside? Sometimes you will find a ground bar with all the grounds screwed to it behind the fuse panel or near the power converter. I am not sure on your model where your power converter is it may be part of the main fuse/breaker panel OR stand alone and plug into an outlet. I would look in those two areas. Has the electrician tried to run a separate ground for that circuit? IF you have DC power at the switch I might run a new ground for testing and see if the problem is from the fuse panel to the switch. I would also check all the connections at each light and make sure they are good if that also has not be done. Also the electrician should be able to ohm out the ground wire from point A to point B and see where the problem is. I do not have a diagram or I would give it to you..... Robert