Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Where is the battery control on my 2007 Forest River

Customer Question

Where is the battery control on my 2007 Forest River Sunseeker 2860DS? I am not getting any signal to the coil of my charging solenoid.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Are you asking about the battery disconnect solenoid switch?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

I can offer you a phone chat option. Just a bit more on the cost, but no time limit or on the number of calls needed to resolve the issue.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No - I am referring to the charging solenoid, which connects the converter to the coach battery to charge the battery. If I jumper the cable connection (+12V) from the converter to the positive terminal (green wire) of the solenoid coil, the battery will charge. I need to know where the signal (green wire) to actuate the charging solenoid comes from. I can't find a charge controller anywhere. I think some models call this the BCC (battery control center. It is impossible to trace the wires because of the foam encapsulation under the coach. Where is it?
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

That is the disconnect solenoid and there will be a switch near the entry door or on the overhead or on the dash. Rocker style. Most will be made by Intellitec and that would be the name on the solenoid. Some are made by KIB. There will be two switches........one for the house batteries and one for the chassis battery. When you hit the switch this will give an audible click and one way activates it and allows the batteries to be "in the loop" and the other way they are disconnected. Removing the batteries will allow the solenoid to revert to the "store" position and take the batteries out of the charging loop.

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

See the attached photo link to see what they look like. If this is not yours, then attach a photo of what you have to your post. Many times these are located in the Battery Control Center under the hood or in the roadside storage bay. https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M7d651b0a7f0f308984de4748754980bao0&w=103&h=100&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&pid=3.1&rm=2

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Since I never hear anything back from you, I am thinking you were able to resolve this issue, but if not, please get back to me and I can assist you in tracking down the problem.