Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

HAVE OLDER DOMETIC RM 1303, KEEPS IGNITING, THEN GAS VALVE

Customer Question

HELLO, HAVE OLDER DOMETIC RM 1303, KEEPS IGNITING, THEN GAS VALVE SHUTS DOWN, RESTARTS RIGHT AWAY, THEN CLICKS OFF, CLEANED ALL CONNECTIONS. REPLACED THERMOCOUPLE, WORKS NORMAL ON ELECTRIC, NEW PROPANE VALVE. SWITCHES ELECTRIC TO GAS GOOD, CLEANED FLUE, GOOD FLAME.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK, WHAT INFO? I LIKE CAP LETTERS IM NOT YELLING
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

That could be either the flame sense on the control board is bad OR the LP pressure is too low and not energizing the thermocouple adequately. The LP pressure should be checked and adjusted if needed at least once a year and is often neglected. If that is good and the flame is "dancing" on the burner, then the control board may be bad.........especially if it is the OEM board. Most shops have a board tester and can test this for you. IF yours is bad, you should use an after market board made by Dinosaur Electronics as they are far superior to the OEM boards (and those may not be available any longer) and have an excellent warranty. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
DID REPLACE PRESSURE REGULATOR, DO GAS VALVES GO BAD VERY OFTEN, THANKS
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

I am adding a link to the Dometic Service Manual for this model. It may be hard to read as this is really getting back there. I don't see many of these any more in my shop, but I do still get one every now and then to rebuild. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/AES.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

They can on those and that can be tested. There is an upgrade kit available. IF the valve were bad, it won't come on at all in most cases.

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Please keep in mind that there can be other things that cause this. I gave you the most common. If the board tests out good, then we can move on to some other less common things that might be wrong.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
WHERE MIGHT I GET UPGRADE KIT?
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

From your local dealer. And without testing, I don't know that I would just buy one. They are kind of expensive.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK WILL GET BOARD TESTED THANKS, ***** ***** BED
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

It would require a new board anyway from Dinosaur Electronics, so test that first.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this as I hadn't heard back from you? If you still need some assistance, please let me know. Thanks!