Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

When I turn on my furnace I hear a noise but it does start

Customer Question

when I turn on my furnace I hear a noise but it does start working. but I have to have the temp on a high setting like 80deg
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right RV Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. Is the noise coming from inside or outside of the vehicle?
Customer: inside sounds like by the ac unit on the celing.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: like a clicking noise
JA: What year is your RV?
Customer: 2005 forest river cedar creek rgbs31
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet it started this morning when I turned on the heat
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

What is the make and model of your furnace? And is this an analog or digital thermostat?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not at home and I don't know the model and it analog
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Do you want to get back to me later with that? One I have that I can supply a manual and guide you in some easy testing and we can track down the problem. If the thermostat is set wrong it may turn on the A/C fan and it may be something as simple as that. All follow ups here are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

The thermostat may be failing and I can recommend a replacement for you if that proves to be the case.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Just Bookmark this and you can come back to it again at any time. I am here every day and will watch for your post.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this as I hadn't heard back from you? If you still need some assistance, please let me know. Thanks!