Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 1992 airstream excella with lp attwood water

Customer Question

I have a 1992 airstream excella with lp attwood water heater. Heater lights with switch in bathroom but sounds and looks like gas flame in chamber should be more volume. Water is not getting hot after 15 or 20 minutes. I blew out pilot tube slots but did not change anything. It heated water fine first time we used it 2weeks ago and has transgressed since?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert......

Have you checked the water coming out of the pressure relief valve? IS the water hot? The pressure relief valve is under the outside access panel, it will have a small lever, if you check that and the water is hot you can have a check valve problem. IF it is not hot and the flame is going I would pull the gas orifice soak it in alochol, and then I would have the LP pressure checked out, most RV shops have a manometer and can check the pressure at the back of the water heater, it is a 15 min check and should be checked yearly anyway, if the flame is going but you feel the volume is not enough I would have that pressure checked. IF the water in the tank is HOT let me know..... Hope this helps, please feel free to follow up if needed... Robert

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Also if you can get me the model number I can send you a service manual... All follow ups are included so if you need more time to check things out that is fine, I am around daily and respond when I can... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert