peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Its a 2010 journey express 34Y that will not shift it the

Customer Question

Its a 2010 journey express 34Y that will not shift it the sixth gear on the Allison transmission.
JA: Have you checked the level of your transmission fluid? Is it bright red, or is it dirty?
Customer: I just had the coach serviced yesterday and the tech told me itt looked good.
JA: Are you fixing your Express yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Actually nothing. I've been looking on line for tips but most of the have to do with the mode switch and I'm not sure how to tell whether I'm in econo or not. No lights on the control panel differ.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I should go get the info off the tag before you connect me know he knows for sure what I have, right?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set with this fault here.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault.This can be an issue with the transmission mode switch or valve body or a shift solenoid and having the codes checked as well as the transmission tested further will help locate the fault.Having the codes checked first is the first step here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete