Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2005 National Seabreeze XL and someone told me that

Customer Question

I have a 2005 National Seabreeze XL and someone told me that I need to find out what this coach is zoned for and if I have to skirt aound it in springfield mo
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2005 national Seabreeze XL
JA: What is the model of your '05 RV?
Customer: let me look
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 8321 workhorse
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert......

This is a difficult question as all RV manufacturers will offer a "polar package" which puts more insulation in the walls and ceiling. It is an option so would be impossible for me to say for sure if you have that. IF the RV is going to sit over the winter and the temps are getting below 20-25 for an extended period it would not hurt at all to add the skirting as an added precaution against the cold. Some owners will do this and I have seen many that do not and do not have many issues. Are you planning on staying in the unit??? IF so then I would do it, if not then NO, the RV should be winterized and that will protect all your piping from freezing. IF you are staying inside the unit I would do it as you will need to use the water and plumbing.......

Robert